Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

About me

In week 1 we wrote an about me story then we translated it into Maori. This is not a direct translation. Here is mine:


Hi! I'm Koda, I'm a boy, I'm 11 and a year 8 at Kawakawa Primary School. I live in Kawakawa with my mum, dad, 2 brothers and 2 dogs. I also have a half sister that comes over sometimes my hobbies are football, basketball, kapa and playing the guitar. My goal is to learn te reo the year I'm in this class.

Kia ora! Koda toku ingoa. He tama ahau, e tekau ma tahi oku tau me he tau waru. E haere ana ahua Ki Te Kura Tuatahi O Kawakawa. Kei Kawakawa toku wahi noho. Me toku mama, papa, tuakana, teina me nga kuri e rua. Ko Jade toku tuahine e haere mai ana etahi wa. Nga mea pai ki ahau; whutupaoro, pahiketepaoro, kapa haka me te takari i te kita. Ko toku whainga he ako Te Reo Maori.

1 comment:

  1. Mauri Ora Koda! It's Kahukura here, I didn't know you had two dogs?! It looks like you translated this all by yourself. What a great first piece of writing for the year, keep up the great work and I'll blog you later, Ka Kite :)

    ReplyDelete