Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Tapu Wae

In our class we play Tapu Wae, a traditional Maori game. People use different rules but these are the rules we use in our class. There are three different sections middle, defensive and attack. On each end of the court there is a circle, in the circle there are three cones and a defender. The attackers job is to knock the cones down without moving and with defenders trying to intercept the pass, with the same thing on the other endRelated imageRelated image. There is 1 person from each side in the middle trying to catch the ball if it goes out of play, and if the people in the middle catch the ball they pass the ball the to there attackers. The winner is the team who knock the 3 cones first.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Koda, you have busy working this year. There are some great activities here that you have completed. I like this one about Tapu wae, I need to play this with my class this year, I think they would enjoy it. Keep up the great work Koda, you are doing amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Koda,

    Thank you for such detailed instructions on how to play Tapu Wae! I've never played it but it sounds like a lot of fun. Do you like to be defense, middle or attack the most?

    My friend has been studying to be a teacher and has graduated and now is going to be teaching a year 5 class up north. I'll have to share this post with her so she can try it with her new class. I'm sure they'd really enjoy it!

    Keep up the great blog posts Koda, I look forward to reading more very soon.

    Nga mihi
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete